Thursday 20 August 2015

Bernard Clairvaux - PRAYER TO THE SHOULDER WOUND OF OUR LORD

   SAINT BERNARD - PRAYER TO THE SHOULDER WOUND OF OUR LORD          
     

           

SAINT BERNARD [20August]
PRAYER TO THE SHOULDER WOUND OF OUR LORD

Published on 17 Sep 2011
Please also see the
Novena to Saint Peregrine, Patron Saint of Cancer Patients:



http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WJBt3U...



According to Saint Bernard of Clairvaux (1090 - 1153), when he asked Jesus
which was His greatest unrecorded suffering - the wound that inflicted the most
pain on Him in Calvary - Jesus answered:



"I had on My Shoulder, while I bore My Cross on the Way of Sorrows, a
grievous Wound which was more painful than the others, and which is not
recorded by men. Honour this Wound with thy devotion and I will grant thee
whatsoever thou asks through its virtue and merit.



"In regard to all those who shall venerate this Wound, I will remit to
them all their venial sins and will no longer remember their mortal sins."



PRAYER TO THE SHOULDER WOUND OF OUR LORD

O Most Loving Jesus, Meek Lamb of God, I, a miserable sinner, salute
and worship the most Sacred Wound of Your shoulder, on which You did bear Your
heavy cross, which so tore Your flesh and laid bare Your bones as to inflict on
You an anguish greater than any other wound of Your Most Blessed Body.

I adore You, O Jesus most sorrowful; I praise and glorify You
and give You thanks for this most sacred and painful
wound, beseeching You by that exceeding pain, and by the crushing
burden of Your Heavy Cross, to be merciful to me, a sinner, to forgive me all
my mortal and venial sins, and to lead me on towards Heaven, along
the way of Your Cross.

++++++++++++

Padre Pio, Bernard of Clairvaux, and the Shoulder Wound of Christ

What do medieval mystic St. Bernard of Clairvaux and modern monk St. Padre Pio have in common?
Well, they’re both saints, sharing in the eternal reward which God has prepared for them.
But beyond that, both had a sincere devotion to the Shoulder Wound of Christ.
 http://www.patheos.com/blogs/kathyschiffer/2014/04/padre-pio-bernard-of-clairvaux-and-the-shoulder-wound-of-christ/  
*     *     *     *     *

No comments: