Tuesday 16 September 2014

St. Ninian, COMMENT. Scotland's National Saints

COMMENT: The event of the gathering of the annual St. Ninian Pilgrimage seems to have missed the reportage of the other the other Scottish pilgrimages.
This stained glass window in the Whithorn Story
Exhibition by Richard LeClerk is a copy of a
Douglas Strachan window in
St Margaret’s Chapel, Edinburgh Castle.

- - - - - We appreciate that Andrew updated St. Ninian Church and the Whithorn Trust news.
He says, "We had a beautiful day here for the annual Pilgrimage".
http://nunraw.blogspot.co.uk/2014/09/st-ninian-feast-one-of-scotlands.html 
The Mass was celebrated at the Cave of St. Ninian.
The pilgrims visited at the R.C. Church at prayer adoration.
"All God puts other things front of us, our lives are rooted in prayer contemplation and the Blessed Sacrament.
My prayer at this time is that all people, lay and religious can live in Christ who is not only amongst us not within us and truly find the fruits of our Church".
Participation in the Church of St. Martin and St. Ninian, and support of the Whithorn Trust enliven the town community.
In the pages of a monk's Choir Book, the thoughts in a folder of Eucharist reflection.  

Thanks to Andrew for the enclosures. 
"The Life & Miracles of St. Ninian". translated from an anonymous Scots poem of the fifteenth century is an invaluable publication.
+ + +
A Stanbrook prayer folder, 1930s

My Daily Offering:
I offer all . . .
Eternal Father, I place upon the paten, my whole being, my soul, my body, my intellect and my will, for I offer You all that I am and have; also all my joys, my sorrows of today, my work with its fatigue, my crosses with their bitterness.
I place also upon this paten the hearts of all those whom I love, those who have done me good, those who have recommended themselves to my prayers, those for whom I have promised to pray, and the hearts of all the agonizing.


THROUGH THE IMMACULATE HEART OF MARY
I unite all this to the offering of Jesus as a holocaust of love for the salvation and sanctification of priestly and religious souls and for my own sanctification.
United to Christ
By the drop of water which represents me, o my God, permit me to cast into the Chalice, with Jesus Christ, every moment of my life so that all may be sanctified, supernaturalized in the Blood of Christ and may pass through Him to the Adorable Trinity.
I cast also into the Chalice and I offer You the life and efforts of all, so that their life too may take on a divine value.
I place also within the chalice the souls of all my relatives for whom I should pray: the souls of those for whom I may have forgotten to pray: the souls most devout to the Sacred Heart and the Blessed Virgin: the souls of the most abandoned. Jesus, when You change the wine into Your Precious Blood, change these poor souls from their place of suffering into Eternal Happiness.
Eternal rest give unto them, 0 Lord, and let perpetual light shine upon them.
Mother of sorrows! Mother of Christ!
You had influence with your Divine Son when on earth, you have the same influence now in Heaven, pray for me.
In all the Masses
O my Jesus, I unite myself to all the Masses which will be celebrated this day throughout the world, in union with the intentions of your Sacred Heart. O my Jesus, I beg of you to retain for me, from each of these Masses, a drop of Your Precious Blood, in expiation for my sins.
O Divine Heart of Jesus, give to the world many and holy priests to continue the work of your Redemption. AMEN.
A TREASURE TO EXPLOIT.
The death of our Saviour Jesus Christ upon the Cross-That is the great Treasure! The Holy Sacrifice of the Mass is the key which unlocks this Treasure from which we can derive an abundance o(graces.
Th.e Holy Sacrifice of the Mass is the centre, the heart of our religion, a heart which, without ceasing, sends a stream of grace into the veins of Christianity, so that it may vivify each and every member of the great Mystical Body of Christ which is our Holy Mother the Church. (Mgr.Mader)
LET US USE this TREASURE . . .
–By assisting devoutly at Holy Mass.
–By having Masses said.
–By uniting with all the Masses which will be celebrated in the world, at every hour of the day and night.
More than 400,000 Masses are celebrated each day-which means 5 Elevations every second. He who unites himself with them, shares in them. Let us therefore gain for ourselves a Treasure in eternity.
TREMEMTDOUS VALUE OF HOLY MASS
AT the hour of death the holy Masses you have heard devoutly will be your consolation.
EVERY MASS will go with you to Judgement and will plead for pardon for you.
By every Mass you can diminish the temporal punishment due to your sins, more or less, according to your fervour.
By devoutly assisting at Holy Mass you render the greatest homage possible to the Sacred Humanity of Our Lord.
ONE HOLY Mass, heard during your life, will be of more benefit to you than many heard for you after your death.
THROUGH Holy Mass you are preserved from many dangers and misfortunes which would otherwise have befallen you. You shorten your Purgatory by every Mass.
By piously hearing Holy Mass you afford ·the Souls in Purgatory the greatest possible relief.
Permissu Superiorum
Stanbrook Abbey No. 32
Printed in England


   
Roman Catholic church St Martin and St Ninian
Whithorn
   


Fw: [Dom Donald's Blog] St. Ninian, Feast, one of Scotland's National Saints 

Sancta Maria Abbey: http://www.nunraw.com.uk (Website)   Blogspot :http://www.nunraw.blogspot.co.uk,    | domdonald.org.uk 

On Tuesday, 16 September 2014, 1:00, Blogger <no-reply@blogger.com> wrote:


Saint Ninian Window St Mary's Parish Church Dundee Scotland

A bit about our national saints – St Ninian, St Columba, St ...

www.scmo.org/papalvisitscotland/...Scotland.../Scotland's%20Saints.doc

Feast day: 30 November. ST NINIANScotland's earliest known saint, recognised as bringing Christianity to Scotland. Although little is known about him, 397 AD  ...below.

No comments: