Monday 2 June 2014

Fr.Louis (Thomas Merton)


COMMENTS:
Dear William,
Thank you.
Your "many notes" from days of Retreat give me a useful synthesis of the bundle of recent Blogs
In fact from our exchange of Icons, liturgy quotations, remembrances,  I feel replete in reflections, the stirring of sharing. 
Yours......
fr. Donald

Fw: Retreat
On Sunday, 1 June 2014, 
William ...> wrote:  
                           
Dear Father Donald,
. . . . 
I delighted in opening your Blog email of this morning - what better ... than the very photo and the writing of Thomas Merton! I have many notes [from time spent with you!] of planned projects, delighting in the beautiful edition you gave me of Marmion's 'Christ in His Mysteries', using your photocard USB stick to save the attached photos for printing at Boots, and looking out for Nouwen's book (your icon Christ Pantocrator is quite magnificent!), and see what I can find on the Song of Songs (CCEL online looks promising, but I feel a visit to the 2nd hand bookshop coming on!), and of reading about the Merton Society! and seeing what I can find on Charles Dumont and those golden years you experienced. With St Ambrose's commentary on Ps 118 still very much in my mind, last night I located the passage in St Augustine's Confessions, a reference I noted down, where he describes his meeting with St Ambrose in Milan [V.xiii -23].These projects will quietly distract and engross me, and help to settle me.                    
                                                                                                     
Thank you so very much for personally making my retreat, . . .
..... in Our Lord,
William
      
Fr. Louis (Thomas Merton) Life in Christ.
see: 
http://nunraw.blogspot.co.uk/2014/06/seventh-sunday-of-easter-thomas-merton.html
Virgin of Vladimir
Nouwen's book
 





 
 

No comments: