Saturday 19 April 2014

Holy Saturday 'I was trying to be one with Him in His agony.' Vigil of the Resurrection


Holy Saturday.  Vespers Song of Mary, Crucifixion Fra Angelico

 Holy Saturday 2014 afforded the hours for reflection prayer and heartfelt presence of the Lord in agony

HE AND i  1942  (Gabrielle Bossis)
 November - 14  –  Holy Hour.  –
I was trying to be one with Him in His agony.

"The last evening of My life among you  -  how sweet and solemn it was. . . I gave Myself not only to the Twelve, but to everyone of you right to the end of the world.

My child, I was already in your hearts by My yearning for you. I had so great a desire that everyone, everyone, might receive the sacrament of My love, since I came to invent it for you. And I saw all the benefits that you would find in it. But in My agony, I also saw desecrations and sacrileges; I saw what I had done with such love become an object of hatred and loss. What an exchange for the infinite delicacy of My love! And I was alone in My suffering. "

(. . . ) "You who have the joy of receiving Me every day, ask that this same grace be given to others. Say to Me, 'Choose them  -  you who know all the secrets of souls  -  and apply my prayer to them. '

And if you are the means of bringing one or many into frequent fellowship with Me, do you think that I could fail to be grateful, not only for the glory gained by it, but above all for the joy it brings to My heart. I' ll let you feel this joy reflected upon you. "
 
Crucifixion-Fra_Angelico_Capitular Hall, Convent San Marco, Florence, Italy

No comments: