Friday 3 January 2014

Visits to the Blessed Sacrament - Online



COMMENT:
St. Alphonsus - Online
Visits to the Blessed Sacrament



VISITS TO THE MOST BLESSED SACRAMENT
AND TO THE
BLESSED VIRGIN MARY
FOR EACH DAY OF THE MONTH
by ST. ALPHONSUS DE LIGUORI
stalfonso1.jpg (1754 bytes)
Dedication: TO MARYThe Ever Immaculate Virgin Mother of God
My most holy Queen - On the point of publishing the present little work, in which I treat of the love of thy Son, I know not to whom I can better dedicate it than to thee, my most beloved Mother, who, amongst all creatures, art His most tender lover. I believe by this little offering which I present to thee, and which is composed for the sole purpose of inflaming souls more and more with the love of Jesus Christ-I believe, I say, that by it I shall greatly please thee, who desirest to see Him loved by all as He deserves. To thee, then, I consecrate it, such as it is; do thou graciously accept and protect it; not indeed that I may receive the praise of men, but that all who read it may for the future correspond, by their greater devotion and affection, with the tender and excessive love which our most sweet Savior has been pleased to show us in His Passion, and in the institution of the Most Holy Sacrament As such, I place it at thy feet, and beseech thee to accept the gift as wholly thine, as also the giver, who has long since placed all his hopes in thee, and wishes and hopes always to call himself, and to rejoice in being,
Most gracious Lady,
Thy most loving, though most unworthy servant,
ALPHONSUS DE LIGUORI,
Of the Congregation of the Most Holy Redeemer.
INTRODUCTION
Instructions on the Visits to the Blessed Sacrament and to the Blessed Virgin

Our holy faith teaches us, and we are bound to believe, that in the consecrated Host, Jesus Christ is really present under the species of bread. But we must also understand that He is present on our altars as on a throne of love and mercy, to dispense graces and there to show us the love which He bears us, by being pleased to dwell night and day hidden in the midst of us.

No comments: