Friday 6 December 2013

HE AND i. Gabrielle Bossis, 11 Nonvember 1934



HE AND i, Gabrielle
1943 November - 11  -   Le Fresne church.  -   - (. . . ) 

"If you have failed in something, you say, 'My dear All, I could have been more faithful today. Forgive me. ' You humble yourself most sincerely. 
And without your knowing it, I press you to My heart burning with love. 
That is what you call grace, and My grace is sufficient for you. 

Do you believe that? This should be your one fixed desire: To live only for Me. 

Your life will be filled to the brim with good things. I've been waiting so long for the joy of giving you more. Help Me. 

Ask Me to do so. Stretch out your two empty hands to Me. Give Me a big place in your life. 
Give Me all of it. 

Do you realize that you are in exile, waiting for the return of the Beloved? 
Listen from afar. 

Say to Him, 'Breathe on this breath of mine which is yours. 

Your home shall be My home. I could no longer live without Your step in mine and Your voice in my voice.

 'Don't people pray, 'Open Thou my lips'? 
That's so that the Spirit will speak in you, children of God. "

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Fr Donald,
Thank you for posting this.
The idea of John acknowledging that he does with water is nothing to the one who follows is sometimes overpowering for me. The image John would not be fit to carry Jesus' sandals is rather emotive for me. I think I have this correct.
This week I have been away on another weekend of prayer and study on my propaedeutic year of Diaconate formation for the permanent diaconate.
If John didn't feel he could carry those sandals, I have no chance!

I am loving the course, I feel this calling louder than anything I have ever heard and it has made my family (wife and 3 kids) much calmer as we move forward on to this new direction for me, and us as a family.

I have an interview to be arrange in the coming months so that I can be formally accepted on to the first year of studies. Whilst it is somewhat tenuously linked to today's reflections on the readings, it would give me great comfort to think prayers are being said at Nunraw, only 6 or 7 miles away from me in prestonpans, to support me in my vocational journey.
If you could, I would be very grateful
Eddie White
Eddie@eddiewhite.com