Saturday 19 October 2013

COMMENT: and Keswick Lake view

---- Forwarded Message ---
Keswick-and-Derwent-Water-from-
surprise-view-lake-district-
national-park-cumbria-england

Date: Sat, 19 Oct 2013 ...
From: William ...
To: Donald....
Subject: North America Martyrs - commentary by St. Raphael Baron. 

Dear Father Donald,
 
I see from your Blog that you located the article - St Raphael Baron has a way of expressing things that is both deeply attractive and meaningful. An extraordinary young man.
. . .
 My friend Colonel Jim invited me to join him at Mass on Friday in Keswick, no requirement to visit Carlisle. He now lives on the ridge before the lakes, at a place called 'Troppenna' but spelt 'Torpenhow'! I wonder how such place names originated. I went on the early bus and arrived there in time. He then walked me down to the lake - magnificent views of the Lakeland hills, autumn colours beginning: a great treat. He remembers so well your welcome and his tour of the Abbey when he brought me, and was full of questions regarding my retreat. A solitary soul on his own journey, a privilege to share.
 
... in Our Lord,
William

No comments: