Monday 5 August 2013

COMMENT:


Hi. William,
Thank you, I can almost bet on gaining further insight to my ponderings.
God bless you.
fr. Donald.
P.S. Below, picture inscribing the text of the challenging translation word 'begemming'. 

----- Forwarded Message -----
"begemmed" with tears of Holy Face? English translation

From: William J. ...
To: Donald. ...
Sent: Sunday, 4 August 2013, 19:10
Subject: Canticle of the Holy Face

Dear Father Donald,
I have received so much delight sharing in your beautiful ponderings - "Beyond all the FACES, the divine presence, is faith in God who IS!" and I too can 'read' the Holy Face in your photographs of the trees, and see images in nature - cloud formations can be quite mystical! And behind these images one can sense the Hand of God as one gazes in a spirit of adoration... 
St Therese's poem is exceptional! I have been studying it (four columned attachment). I too prefer the Internet version. The endeavour to make the English translation rhyme in the other two versions, for me, detracts from the exquisite sentiments she expresses. I was very chuffed to find my little grasp of French re-awaken sufficiently that I could attempt (very cautiously) altering some of the very literal phrases where the sense seemed confused.
This delightful excursus with you has filled my day with much happiness. I have taken a print of the 'paper' to ponder in the quiet morning hours before the images of the FACE of Christ that I love so much (Leonardo's Salvator Mundi and Reni's Ecce Homo). And I am eager to find again those passages in St Paul's letters and the Psalms!
Ever do I pray for enlightenment, and it is indeed such that I receive from your inspired thoughts - thank you Father!
What Joy we experience
in the love of Our Lord,
William

No comments: