Wednesday 22 May 2013

Pentecost in the cloud

Lambing time during mists.
Most of Seventh Week were the days of dense mist and fog, even on to Pentecost Sunday and on Monday.
In the monastery enclosure, the sheep and lambs found their home veiled in the heavy mists.

On Tuesday, Br. S. called me to see the flowers from the laundry windows. Brilliant sunshine came to announce, at from the late spring, apple flowers festooned the orchard walls.

The Holy Spirit is unveiling nature mind and heart.
A word from Fray Rafael blends with the heavens.

 
Apple blossoms herald the late spring 

Fray Ma. Rafael (Saint)
Trappist Monk
TO Know How
to Wait.
545  
How great you are, Lord! How much You love me! Little by little I’m coming to realize the superficiality of everything.
When after Vespers I knelt at the foot of Your Tabernacle. I saw that the day was over, and with it had gone the blue sky, the brilliant sunshine, my sorrows and my joys. Everything had passed, nothing remained.


No comments: