Sunday 17 February 2013

Gabrielle Bossis, HE AN D i 1948


It came to speak to my addled brain,
when Gabrielle felt the same sentiment, "Lord, I rack my brains to find ways of loving You and I don't succeed." 




1948
September 9  -  "Lord, I rack my brains to find ways of loving You and I don't succeed." 
 "I am all simplicity
Love Me simply
When you think about Me, feeling sorry at not being able to do better, you love Me
When you act rather from duty than from inclination, you love Me
When you belittle yourself in your own eyes and before others, you love Me
When you want to pray and you deplore the distractions that make your thoughts wander, you love Me
When you hunt for words without being able to express your desires, you love Me
When you forgive a wounding remark; when you give  pleasure for the sake of giving Me pleasure; when you cease to think of yourself in order to try to   reach Me; when you attempt to leave everything as though it were the day of your death; when in thought you join the angels and saints, like one who arrives ahead of time; and when, in the evening, you welcome your tomorrow morning that will unite us, you love Me
It's all very different from what you thought you ought to do in order to love Me
Oh, My little girl, simplify yourself sweetly in My Presence, your love wide - awake
You know very well that I am always there."

No comments: