Sunday 16 December 2012

Gabrielle Bossis 'Christmas grace' (HE AND i)


  
Sentences as in the French version.
'come to the manger every day.'
Joseph at Bethlehem.
Words , 'adorn, ..ing, ..ed'.


HE AND i, Gabrielle B.

Christmas grace.
1947 December 25 - "You mustn't be afraid of aiming at perfection, since I am with you and I have lived it, and since it gives Me great joy to look after you.

 You see you are not alone; you have Me.

You remember how you used to love to see a team of horses harnessed in arrow formation.
I'm at the head and you're following, at a little distance - but you are following.
 The good thief on the cross understood love and cried out his repentant sorrow.
 A few moments later he was resting in My heart.

Love calls to love.
 Answer Me, child.
 I am thirsty for you.
 What intimidates you? Your repeated neglect fullness? Your deficiencies, your vagueness, your absent-mindedness, your distressing memories? I take charge of everything.
 I collect miseries and make glorious things out of them.
 So give me everything.
 Since we are one, could you be bold enough to say that there is something in your life that could not be for Me?"
"Did you understand this Christmas grace? Not to leave My mother - neither her nor Me, no matter what you're doing.
 We are worthy to go with you everywhere, aren't we? Could you ever be ashamed of us? When you were a little girl you were ashamed to be seen with relatives who were poorly dressed.
 My little child, understand that we are your wealth, your success, your salvation.
 Welcome us in whatever you do, as one welcomes power and charm.
 Do us the honour of placing us above all your friendships and ambitions, and be faithful to the grace that calls you to so close a union.

At Bethlehem do you think that Joseph could forget this two treasures for a single instant? His whole heart was centred on them.
 Be like him.  (...)

Sink down deep into the thought of My humility as a little child.
 I became humble for your sake.

Would you like to come to the manger every day for lessons?
Every day right up to the Purification?
I give you a rendezvous there.
 Call it a rendezvous of love.

My love wants to bestow on you My adorning jewels.
 These are My virtues and they are so powerful that even the worldly admire them.
 But you must let yourself be adorned.
 You must turn your will to your highest good."

Gabrielle Bossis books - Volume 1 (1936-1938). Chronological edition established by Madame de Bouchaud and his daughter from the original books

December 31 -  After Communion.  
 "The keynote for 1948, Lord?" 
"Very close. (An invitation to union)


No comments: