Friday 2 November 2012

Adoration in the Home Father Mateo Crawley-Boevey

Thank you, Fr. Mark. for this Post.
I am searching for the lady who set up Adoration in the Home, France.


Adoration at Home

|  | Comments (4)
P Mateo SSCC.jpg
Judging from some recent comments, I think it may be helpful to say something about the practice of Eucharistic adoration in the home for those who, for one reason or another, cannot go to a church or chapel where the Blessed Sacrament is reserved. The zealous apostle of this kind of adoration in the home was a priest of the Congregation of the Sacred Hearts of Jesus and Mary of Perpetual Adoration, Father Mateo Crawley-Boevey (1875-1960).Father Mateo wrote:
Not every one is able to make the hour of Eucharistic Adoration in the church, particularly at night. Must they be deprived, then, of the honor and privilege of consoling the Divine Prisoner, alone and forsaken in so many tabernacles? By no means! In the sanctuary of their homes, let them prostrate themselves in spirit before the tabernacle, and, in union with the Priests who at that moment, in some part of the world, are offering the Sacrifice of Calvary to the Trinity, let them adore, praise, petition and atone in the name of their own and other families who offend and sadden the Sacred Heart by their daily denial of His rights as King.
It is helpful to make one's adoration at home in front of a blessed image of the Sacred Heart of Jesus or of the Holy Face. There are many people suffering from chronic illnesses, who are unable to go to a church where the Blessed Sacrament is present. They are not deprived of the graces flowing from Eucharistic adoration, and their prayer, even if it is made from a sickbed or a chair, is all the more precious in the sight of Our Lord, insofar as they unite it with patience to His own sufferings. One might say something like this;
Lord Jesus Christ,
my desire and the intention of my heart
is to pray before Thy holy image as if I were in Thy Eucharistic presence.
Transport my soul before the tabernacle where
Thou art most forsaken at this hour,
and there let me offer Thee my desire to adore Thee,
and my love,
in a spirit of reparation.
Or, like this:
Receive this time before Thee
as an act of adoration and reparation directed to Thee
in the Most Blessed Sacrament,
especially in that tabernacle on earth where Thou art most forsaken.
Make me, especially for the sake of Thy priests and for their sanctification,
a faithful adorer of Thy Eucharistic Face
and of Thy Open Heart hidden in the Sacrament of Thy Love.
Trusting that faith, hope, and love abolish every distance
and transport the soul straightway to the object of its desire,
I will adore Thee now with the same sentiments
of thanksgiving, confidence, and pleading love
that I would have,
were I prostrate before the Sacrament of Thy Body and Blood
hidden in the tabernacle, or exposed to my gaze upon the altar.
Bookmark and Share

4 Comments

Thank you for this post and your guidance.
God is so very good! ALL TO HIM!
May God bless you and your work, may the whole world adore.
Father Mark,
Thanks so much for the wonderful post on Father Mateo. I'm in Picpus where we celebrated St. Pacomius yesterday. He is one of the four original protectors of our Congregation. (The others are SS. Bernard, Augustine and Dominic). SS. Margaret Mary and Therese of the Child Jesus were added by later chapters.
Fr. Richard ss.cc.
Father Mark,
My life has been so enriched by your website. Thank you so much!
For the past several months I have been "transporting" myself upon awakening during the night to the Tabernacle to adore Jesus. I believe that this practice has opened the door to a deeper walk with Christ during my waking hours. I suffer from chronic illness and sometimes cannot be at Church during Adoration. I will definately take advantage of Home Adoration when I am unable to attend!

Leave a comment



No comments: