Tuesday 30 October 2012

COMMENT: Richard North, LINK

Thanks for the Blogspot, Christina, and other news.
Richard North, other chapters too - all in the Link.
In Dno.
Donald


----- Forwarded Message -----
From: Christina . . . ,.
To: Fr Donald  . . .
Sent: Tuesday, 30 October 2012, 5:55
Subject: Re: [Dom Donald's Blog]
 Fools for God Online - Two Nunraw Chapters on the Cistercians, I c1, V c.8

Dearest Don,
I greatly enjoyed your blog on early Nunraw history..Fools for God. 
It sure brought back many happy memories of our beloved Nunraw. 
You obviously impressed the writer and I can well understand why..
Are the other chapters coming later?
 ..........
Hope you are both fighting fit and my loving wishes to Mark and all the community.
Lots of love and prayer.
Xris

--


The Picture: 
                      Compline is one of the most lovely offices, thanking God for the day.  
I was paying some attention to it, but mostly allowed the prettiness of the music, 
and the thin, scratchy, weak singing of one of the monks 
whose job it was to sing the solo bits, to wash over me.  
I wanted to try to pin some of the faces in the choir stalls more firmly in my mind.
I can still hear the melodies, and still find singular resonance 
in the words sung each night: 
Keep us, Lord, as the apple of your eye; 
Hide us in the shelter of your wings.
            
FOOLS FOR GOD
by Richard North   
Published by Collins, 1987
   


No comments: