Tuesday 24 July 2012

Whoever does the will of my heavenly Father - Saint Raphael Arnaiz Baron



---- Forwarded Message -----
From: William W. . .
To: Donald. . . .
Sent: Tuesday, 24 July 2012, 8:04
Subject: Whoever does the will of my heavenly Father - Saint Raphael Arnaiz Baron 

Dear Father Donald,
 
There is a beautiful reflection for today's commentary on DGO from the Spiritual writings 10/04/1938 of Saint Raphael Arnaiz Baron (1911-1938), a Spanish Trappist monk:
 
"Whoever does the will of my heavenly Father is my brother, and sister, and mother"
To love what God loves is the logical thing for the one who is truly his lover; outside that wish there are no desires of our own – or if there should be one, this is in conformity with his will; if this should not be so, then our will would not be united with his. But if our will is really at one with his love, we shall want nothing that he does not want, we shall love nothing that he does not love, and having given ourselves up completely to his will, we shall not mind whatever he may send us, wherever he may place us. And about everything that he may want of us, we shall not only feel unconcerned, we shall feel pleased.

I don't know whether there's any error in what I am saying. I submit myself to the one who understands about this. I only say what I feel, and that is, that I truly have no other wish than to love him, and everything else I commend to him. May his will be done! Every day I become happier in my complete abandonment into his hands.
 
These words one can tell come from the heart.
 
With my love in Our Lord,
William