Sunday 20 May 2012

YOU AND i - "If you could only see My splendour in the tabernacle ..."





YOU AND i Gabrielle Bossis. p.136/7 1942

To read ‘You and i’, is to pause for a word, a phrase, a sentence.
At the top of a page I read the two short sentences, 
“Do you know about My merits? 

Only the Father knows them all.”

And I shut the book.
Then compelling to find the words again, but I had to search for the place, and got to the top of page 137.
And so it goes on, to the next sentences, the previous sentences, to next paragraph.
The words enlighten, enlarge and speak to the heart. - - -

Following the dates are the kind of Rubric for Holy Hour or Visit at the Le Fresne church, Nantes etc ....
 + + +
"You didn't hear it. But My Father does and so do all the saints in heaven. Adore each one of my loving impulses in Galilee, in Judea, on those roads you yourself have travelled. Never mind if you don't understand very well.
Already I loved you; I loved everyone without ex­ception. Love Me for all of them - or at least offer Me your desire to do so." ( ... )
June 20 - 1942. In the country.
Climbing an old flight of stairs and offering each step.
"Lord" how can You accept such tiny things?"
"You call them tiny, yet you use your memory, your understanding, and your will; in other words, your en­tire being. No matter where you give yourself to Me, I take you. Do you understand?"

June 25 - 1942. Le Fresne church. Visit.

"If you could only see My splendour in the tabernacle ... My power and My tenderness and the guard of honour formed by My hosts of angels burning with zeal. What reverence, what a sense of nothingness you would feel! ( ... ) You would see the utter unimportance of everything that is not love. You would realize too, that nothing could possibly give you more joy than to give Me joy. And you could no longer cease to gaze on Me and on Me alone. For I am all attractiveness. I am Charm and the Charmer. I am Heaven itself.

Heaven is inside the tabernacle. Adore with all the heavenly hosts. Love with them. Sing. Praise. Never can you overdo it, since all you have is what I have given you and all My merits are yours for the taking.

Do you know about My merits? Only the Father knows them all. 
And do you realize that if it were necessary I would begin all over again? 
Find a new way of praising Me every day. Keep on exploring My hidden treasures. You can never come to the end of them. Discover, discover, until fires undreamed of are kindled within you, and you will say, 'It was you, Lord. How blind I was! The best of me is always You.'

And while you are talking to Me, I'll continue to heap blessings upon you, for My heart is filled with them, and to give eases it of its burden. It takes a mere nothing from you to make it overflow. If you only knew! My poor little ones, wake up to your power over Me. Get to know Me a little better. Stammer out your words of love. I'll complete them. You've seen the great sun dancing in tiny mirrors? Who can bear its dazzling bril­liance? But what is a mirror without the sun?"

June 30 - 1942.  After Communion.
"Why not decide for the highest perfection? No need to make any vow; it might be a source of anxiety to you. Just make up your mind not merely to do things well, but as perfectly as you can. It would add to My glory. Sinners too would have their share of the benefit. Don't be afraid; be daring. We're together, you and I."
July 2 - "Yes, go to the train to meet her. Never miss a chance to be kind, and give pleasure as though it were I who gave and not you. A thoughtful gesture can do so much good. It can be the beginning of a miracle. It takes only a little kindness to melt a heart, you know."