Sunday 20 March 2011

COMMENT St Joseph

St Joseph with newborn Jesus




Hi, William,
Thank you for the insightful reading of the Posts on St. Joseph, and the four pictures.
There is also one from Abbot Mark.
You are the winning 'commentator' (Comments) on the Web Logs.
Your kind appreciating is encouragement and incentive to continue.
God bless.
Yours,
Donald
P.S. Is it Wm. Joseph?
Saint Joseph with Child Jesus

----- Forwarded Message ----
From: William J ...
To: Donald . . .
Sent: Sat, 19 March, 2011 15:07:02
Subject: [Blog] St Joseph Comment


Dear Father Donald,
Thank you for all you have prepared for us on this feast of St Joseph.
I am much drawn to Br. Barry's Chapter Sermon where he touches upon names and images. Entering upon the life of St Joseph has often given me reassurance and
St Joseph Carpenter
encouragement, even companionship, as I have sought to fulfil the role of 'carpenter' at my work and of 'consort' at home.

Following on from the beautiful images that you have posted on your Blog, I have 'had a look around' and have discovered four paintings that speak to me of his life within the Holy Family. I am especially drawn to the 'image', now clearly in my mind, of Jesus beside the death-bed of his dear guardian, inspired by the words of St Francis de Sales.
Death of St Joseph
We are all 'Joseph's', a name that has come to mean guardian; guardian of our faith for the life of our families, of our communities with the words of the Abbot, of our workplaces, and of the world around us.

Thank you for raising my eyes to this Saint at the heart of our devotion.
. . . in Our Lord,
William

No comments: