Friday 4 February 2011

COMMENT on Previous Mystery of the Monks

Revisit of Nunraw Snow
Article on Investigative Progress;
Mystery of the Monks.
  



  FILM  

Subject: Of Gods and Men
----- Forwarded Message ----
From: Donald - - -
Sent: Wed, 2 February, 2011 21:27:24
Subject: Re: Of Gods and Men Viewed R2
Dear, John,

  • I am delighted with your news.
  • It is great that you saw the film in Dublin.
  • Some people saw it in the Christmas time and then seemed to disappear.
  • Happily, in a letter today, I learn that one of the guests at the weekend heard about the viewing in the CAMEO in Edinburgh. She says that the "Of gods and of men" is one of the most powerful films I have seen in a long time. 
  • Then I hear of another family has seen the film in Edinburgh.

  • Your own response is very moving.
  • Thanks for letting us know.
  • The promise of obtaining the DVD is close to delivering.
  • My reading is sluggish but I happened upon an article in the Tablet, "MYSTERY OF THE MARTYRED MONKS", 4th December 2010. In contrast to the uncontroversial film, the article is investigative and trying but getting to the truth. 

Yours,
fr. Donald
 ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
E-mail from John - - -
To Donald


I had the great privilege of seeing “Of Gods and Men” this afternoon. I was spellbound for the entire film.

My sister, . . . came with me and told me afterwards she kept thinking as the story unfolded of her own time during the Civil War in Angola .

I am so proud of these martyrs just as I am proud of all the Cistercians I know, none more than my friends in Sancta Maria.
  
God bless you all.
John
+ + + 

 
    
Hi, Gerry,
Thank for the Email to learn that you saw the film, 'Of Gods and of Men'.  
It is good to know that the booklet, 'A Heritage Too Big For Us' Vol 1 is on-line. 
NEXT; you may be interested in the addition on the Blog article I missed in  THE TABLET.  
Yours . . .
Donald.
 PS. Disappointment with DVD delayed AMAZON UK to April 11th. Cancelled.
        Now ordered to France Amazon, assuring delivery 25 February.      

----- Forwarded Message ----
From: gerard - - -
To: donald - - -
Sent: Mon, 31 January, 2011 12:25:37
Subject: Film Glasgow?

Dom Donald

I thought I'd send a quick email to express to you my appreciation for what you have written on the Atlas Martyrs. 
I know you wrote it some time ago; however,  it was after going to see the film that I was moved to read more about your  brothers. Your article has been very helpful. I have particularly been impressed by the observation that when they were being taken away by their captors Br.  Michel took his cowl with him - impending death becoming prayer. 

Thank you for writing it. I am now heading for Dom Bernardo Olivera's book on the same.

Your sincerely
Gerry    

+ + +

No comments: