Tuesday 10 August 2010

St Lawrence Sunrise at Dunbar

----- Forwarded Message ----
From: Anne Marie   ...
To: Donald
Sent: Mon, 9 August, 2010 10:42:57
Subject: Sunrise at Dunbar

I am not sure this will work but if it does it is the moment of sunrise.
I have not had time to compile or put music to it but even just the film 
is amazing.  You probably see sunrise most mornings so it might
not be so amazing, for those of us who are still in the land of nod it is 
thrilling.
...    This should be the link..............

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MwbnYu58k78

Yours ...
 Anne Marie.

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

Dear, Anne Matie,   

Amazing.

Best without music.

The sound of the Gannets, Gulls, fishing boat, beautiful.

Donald


% % % % % % 


Tuesday, 10 August 2010

Saint Lawrence, deacon and martyr - Feast


Today the Church celebrates : St. Lawrence, Deacon and Martyr († 258) 

Holy Gospel of Jesus Christ according to Saint John 12:24-26.

Amen, amen, I say to you, unless a grain of wheat falls to the ground and dies, it remains just a grain of wheat; but if it dies, it produces much fruit. Whoever loves his life loses it, and whoever hates his life in this world will preserve it for eternal life. Whoever serves me must follow me, and where I am, there also will my servant be. The Father will honor whoever serves me. 

See commentary below or click here
Saint Augustine : "Where I am, there also will my servant be" 


"Where I am, there also will my servant be"


       Dear brothers, your faith recognizes this seed fallen into the earth that death has multiplied. Your faith recognizes it because it dwells in your hearts. No christian hesitates to believe what Christ said of himself. But when this seed died and multiplied, many seeds were scattered on the earth. Saint Laurence is one of them, and today we celebrate the day when he was sown. We see what a tremendous harvest has sprung up from all those seeds scattered over all the earth and the sight fills us with joy, provided only that we ourselves belong to God's grain store, by his grace.
       
For not everything that is harvested goes into the grain store. The same necessary and fruitful rain causes both good seed and straw to grow but we don't store both of them in the barn. Now is the time for us to choose...Listen to me, you holy seed, for I have no doubt that it is here in abundance... Listen to me or, rather, listen to him in me who was first called a good seed. Do not love your life in this world. If you truly love yourselves do not thus love your life, and then you will save your life... «Whoever loves his life in this world will lose it.» It is the good seed who said that: the seed thrown into the ground who died that he might bear much fruit. Listen to him because as he speaks so has he done. He both teaches us and shows us the way by example.

            Christ wasn't attached to the life of this world. He came into the world to be stripped of himself, to give his life and take it up again when he willed...He, the true man, is true God, a sinless man that he might take away the sin of the world, clothed with power so great that he could truly say: «I have power to lay down my life and power to take it up again. No one can take it from me; it is I who lay it down and I who take it up again» (Jn 10,18).

No comments: