Thursday 19 August 2010

St Bernard Feast Day, August


----- Forwarded Message ----
From: father patrick   ...>
Sent: Tue, 17 August, 2010 17:06:54
Subject: St Bernard Feast Day, August
 



Dear Friend in Christ:
 
I join you in prayer and in spirit
as we celebrate
The Feast day of St. Bernard.

We thank God for his wonderful contributions to the church
and
especially to contemplative life.

God Bless you and your community
as you celebrate this special day
 
Sincerely in the Lord

  father patrick
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

Dear, Fr. Patrick,
Thank you for your kind wishes and prayers.
On St. Bernard's Day we will have a special celebration.
In the course of marking the Silver Jubilee of his Ordination as Bishop, Cardinal Keith O'Brien very kindly visiting the community and presiding at the Solemnity of Saint Bernard at Nunraw.
Earlier, the Cardinal wrote to the Abbot and Community

 
12th August 2010
My dear friends at Nunraw,


I thank you, most sincerely, for the recent remembrance in your prayers and your good wishes   when I celebrated the Silver Jubilee of my Ordination as a Bishop last Thursday 5th August 2010. 
I know that Nunraw will be well represented in our Cathedral at the "official" celebrations on Wednesday 8th September 20 I do and I do look forward to that.
As you know, Nunraw has always been part of my life from my schoolboy days -- as, indeed, part of the lives of so many people in Scotland.
May God, indeed, bless you all as I pray for you and for the years ahead - hoping that in return you will, indeed, pray for me.
With my kindest regards, good wishes and very sincere thanks and prayers.
Yours sincerely in Christ
  signed
+ Keith Patrick Cardinal O’Brien Archbishop of St Andrews and Edinburgh  


1 comment: